Dairy Free Mint Chip Ice Cream
Recipe Type: Dessert
Love this dairy free ice cream option created by Danielle Walker, author of Against All Grain which is available on Amazon http://amzn.to/2l0Y0Ll.
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 cups cold almond milk
- 3/4 tsp. peppermint extract (I use 5 drops essential oil)
- 1/3 cup diced avocado
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 10 drops liquid chlorophyll for coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place coconut milk and mint leaves in a saucepan over medium to medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Place the warm coconut milk, mint and honey in a bowl mix until honey is dissolved. Stir in almond milk and peppermint extract or essential oil. Cover and place in fridge for 4 hours.
- Pour mixture into a blender and add the avocado (don’t skip avocado – it creates the creamy texture), coconut oil and coloring (if desired). Blend until smooth.
- Place in ice cream maker and process according to instructions until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency.
- Stir the chocolate in by hand. Spoon the ice cream into an airtight container and press a piece of plastic wrap on top of the ice cream to prevent freezer burn. Place the lid to the container on top and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or slightly defrost the ice cream in the refrigerator for 1 hour for later serving.